Thursday, May 9, 2013

Supermarket Bonanza

supermarket

Going to the supermarket is a huge errand.  It not only takes time, but it requires a great deal of stamina.  First I have to make a grocery list.  I usually look in my pantry, refrigerator, and cabinets to see what I need to buy.  After I make a list, I look through the supermarket advertisement to see what is on sale.  Next, I check all of the coupons that I can use to save even more money.  When I get to the supermarket I grab a cart and begin my excursion through the store.  I always start at the produce aisle and make my way around the store until I end up in the junk food aisle.  I don't know about you, but I can NEVER pass up the junk food!  I also love to stock up on things that are non-perishable and are on sale; this way I can fill up my pantry for future use.  By the time I am done, my cart is overflowing.  Sometimes I walk out of the store with 50 bags full of food.  I never like going to the supermarket because it takes a long time and I spend way too much money.  But, I do love eating it all!!!



Vocabulary

errand -  (v) a short journey in order to do something
stamina - (adv) physical or mental strength that lets you continue doing something for a long time without getting tired
pantry - (n) a very small room in a house where food is kept
cabinets - (n) a piece of furniture with doors and shelves or drawers, used for storing or showing things
advertisement - (n) a newspaper/set of pictures & words used to show people products to buy
coupons - (n) a small piece of printed paper that gives you the right to pay less for something or get something free
excursion - (v) a short journey made for a particular purpose
produce - (n) food, like fruits and vegetables, that have been grown on a farm to be sold
junk-food- (idiom) food that is not healthy
stock up - (idiom) to fill up or store many of one item
non-perishable - (n) food that will not go rotten if stored for a long time
overflowing - (v) to be completely full
:
Vocabulary Activity

Use each word in a sentence.


Grammar Point
Pronouns can take the place of nouns as the subject of a sentence. Subject pronouns include: he,she, you, it, I, we, my, they and us.

Grammar Activity
Look through my blog entry and highlight all the pronouns.  Then write 3 sentences, of your own, using 3 different pronouns.

No comments:

Post a Comment